11/11/11
It turned out to be a happy Veteran's Day, since the weather wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We were still able to BBQ and have a pool party (sort of), except that it was at my apartment and not Jess Ms.
So in the morning, I woke up to Kelly's beautiful test message, but then found out that Jess M. could not get the community room at her apartment because her manager wasn't there, which we assume was because it was a holiday afterall. So then I went down to my manager's office and lucky me, he was there! And no one booked the community room, so I put in a $100 cash deposit for the room. He's a funny guy; he even asked me if my friends were wild and of course I gave an honest answer and said no. lol.
So then I went grocery shopping at Safeway with Kelly, Jess, Kevin, Darian and Reynold. If you think that's a lot, Tyler, Sean and John joined us a little while after we had just arrived at Safeway. So.. we were going all around the place looking for stuff we needed for the lunch BBQ. I charged everything on my card and totals came out to be ~$88. Not bad, not bad.
Though everyone arrived pretty on time, we had some running around to do in terms of getting stuff for the party. Half the guys started grilling the food around 1:30pm while some other guys were playing cards and the girls were chatting and making salad. We ended up eating around 3pm. Thanks to the guys who cooked the food! Very appreciative once again.
After lunch, all the guys went out to the pool. I went out with the girls for a while too, but then went back in to play Mario Kart. We just chilled in the party room until it was 6pm. Then we cleaned up and left. Thanks to everyone who helped to clean up the room too.
At first, I was a bit frustrated about what to do, because I've never been grocery shopping without my parents. I've never thrown a party without my parents either. Well, technically speaking, my mom did help cook the rice shred the carrots and cut tomato slices for the party. I really appreciate my mom for being a big help. I really felt like a big girl today, despite being unsure about what to do about a lot of things. I think I went up and down the building about 5 times throughout the whole party. Good thing I live on the 3rd floor.
Well, it was a good experience to plan this thing, but it was also pretty tiring.
Boo hoo, no pictures :( I felt so busy, I kept forgetting to bring my camera.
At 11:11pm, I made my wish. It's something possible; I hope it'll come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment