Friday, November 25, 2011

Alice & Henry's Wedding

11/20/11
Over a month ago, my family and I were invited to attend Alice & Henry's wedding dinner party at The Empress in the Chinese Cultural Plaza (2nd floor), where the bride is my sister's fiance's sister. At times I looked forward to going; I like weddings. When people get married, I just can't help but to feel very happy for them; it sometimes even makes me tear that they've found the person they've been searching for, and the person they'll be with for the rest of their life.
When the day came, I didn't feel like I wanted to go so much anymore because I don't know anyone there. Even my parents don't know anyone there. We sat in the first row of tables and our table only had 8 people, though each table was set for 10 persons. We sat with some local asian people who didn't speak Chinese, so it was hard for my parents to communicate with them. They just smiled at each other and offered more food and tea to be polite. There was so much food and we were sitting with some vegetarians and other picky eaters who weren't that into Chinese cuisine I guess xD So there was a whole of food left. I felt like we were wasting a lot of it.. but oh wells..
I didn't feel as lonely after knowing that my sister was sitting with us. After a while, I found out that I did know someone there other than William's family. I saw Wayon (which is one of WIlliam's cousins; he was actually sitting on the table diagonally from mines. I'll probably see him again at my sister's wedding. There were these kids sitting in the table in back of me and they were kind of irritating at some points.
The program started around 6:45pm and went on until 9:30pm. I got to try some champagne though. My dad got it for me and my sis. It tasted better than it smells. I like sparkling cider better though xD. I think the lady next to me mixed her champagne with lilikoi juice; it actually looked good.
I forgot my camera at home and my sister's camera ran out of battery, which made me really sad because there was nothing else to do... :( So i used my phone camera -_-

 People were giving money to the lion's, so my parents did too. 
I really liked the center piece too, it was very beautiful and elegantly designed, but very big and tall. 

No comments: