Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving and Black Friday Craze

11/23/11
I actually had a one-day-early Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house. We had a nice big turkey, stuffing, ham, sweet yam, and salad. I'm really not a big fan of this kind of food, probably because I'm not used to eating this stuff. I didn't have a very good appetite today either.
I also painted my nails today and stayed up til 1am doing them xD
Candy Canes :3

11/24/11 - 11/25/11
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thanks for all the thanksgiving text msgs as well. I'm very thankful that I met you guys and you guys became a very important part of my life. I don't exactly believe that anything can last forever, but I sure hope that our friendship will.
It was nice that I got to sleep in today and I had dim sum with some of my family around 11am today for brunch down at the Chinese Cultural Plaza. Then I went on an adventure with my cousins trying to find the memorial we were all going to visit. We didn't know what the memorial was called, though we go there every once or twice a year. After trying to google the memorials down in Kaneohe we ended up going to the wrong memorial. Good thing the right one was only about 5 mins away xD
Everyone else was there already when we got there. We also didn't want them to know that we got lost and went to the wrong one; how embarrassing. It was funny though and still is lol.
In the afternoon, I went to Jess Ms house because we planned to make a cake or cupcakes for Kristine :3
We were originally supposed to meet at 2, but then it got pushed back to 2:30, which was when I arrived. Jess was still trying to clean her house, until her mom and dad came home. They were so nice to invite me to eat. Although I already at dim sum, I wasn't really full from that meal, so I was able to eat at Jess's house. I met her dad for the very first time. It was very nice to meet him :) The food was also good, although I felt like I was intruding their meal at first.
We finally got to baking around 5pm xD with Kelly and Jenny as well. We put in the wrong oil.. Of all the different oils we could've put in, we put in the expensive truffle oil, which had a very strong corn scent that was added to the cake mix. I then walked with Jess to Safeway for frosting, whipped cream, and ice cream. My parents were there for ice cream as well, so they dropped us off back at Jess's house so I could grab my stuff and go with them to the dinner at my aunt's. We had hot pot for our thanksgiving dinner and a lot of ice-cream for dessert :]
After dinner, I took a short nap and showered at my aunt's house. My uncle drove me home so that could change before walking to Tyler's house. We were running late according to our original plan, but it all turned out alright as usual. When we got to Reynold's house, his thanksgiving party was done and we got to play with Kuri (did I spell that right?) She's a very hyper dog that likes to lick people, but very cute. Even after everyone was there and ready to walk over to Waikele Shopping Center, we were watching the end of Wall-E on TV and wanted to finish it before going xD awesome movie.
We all walked as a group and it only took about 8 mins to walk there instead of driving and trying to find parking that would've cost us $5. We shopped around and most of us bought something. I bought converse that were light green from the Converse store. I later found out that they can glow in the dark; so cool! We also went into K-Mart for a snack at Little Caesars. I shared my order of Italian Cheese Sticks with Jess. I haven't had them in so long! They're super yummy and if you haven't tried them before, you must!
We then went to Ala Moana after walking back to Reynold's house to take a break. We got to Ala Moana around 2:30am and when I texted Vina, she had already finished shopping and left.
At Ala Moana, I bought sandals from Jeans Warehouse (hard to find my size there) and a hoodie from Aeropostale. I got a white one while Kris, Jess and Kelly all got different colors of the same design. The price was $15 on the sign, but then we were only charged $12 for it! Awesome deal. And now we all have matching hoodies :3
Before leaving, we got breakfast from the food court. Then we went back to Tyler's house to eat and crash. We shopped around for a super long time and didn't get back to Salt Lake until 8:30am. I went home around 2pm and went to sleep until 8:30pm. I feel wide awake right now, but feel like I should sleep because I have to work tomorrow.

On 11/24/11, we sang Happy Birthday to Kristine and ate cupcakes. They look really cute!
I ate the one in the center :]
1:30 am: K-Mart
10am: At Tyler's in our matching hoodies

No comments: