Monday, June 18, 2012

1st few days in Hong Kong

06/18/12
I'm back from vacationing!! Sure feels great to be home, even though I'm sick again. Hope this cold will go away soon >_<
Anyways, I will try to post all my adventures and pictures within the next 2 weeks (maybe less).
So..let's start off with the day I was supposed to leave: May 25.

I was super on time; woke up at the right time, went to the airport, stood in line waiting for an hour before finding out the flight got cancelled that day due to a crack in the plane window. I also found out my friend Emily was on the exact same flight as me going to Hong Kong. Since it the flight was to be delayed until the next day, the airline compensated customers of the flight by shuttle busing us to stay the night at the Ala Moana Hotel, providing coupons to 3 free meals. It was a good compensation, but I was still pretty pissed about our flight. Next morning woke up super early again and finally flew to Hong Kong via plane transfers at   Narita, Japan and Taipei, Taiwan.

And that was the start of my trip. Not a very good start, but it got better I guess.
First couple days was just shopping around and finding good eats.
5/27-29
I'm a Junior Shopper!

1. Seafood in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
2. "Peeing Prawn" or also know as "Peeing Shrimp" (tasted like soft shell crab to me)
3. I don't even know what this is, but it was still alive; needs water though.
4. Green tea ice cream w/grass jelly in mango sago cream
5. What arcades in Hong Kong look like (I got this pic before the lady worker told us no photography)
6. Random picture I caught in Sai Kung after dinner

More pictures in Sai Kung area before and after dinner.


No comments: