Sunday, September 11, 2011

Adventures at North Shore

09/10/11
I remember when I went to North Shore two years ago during the summer with some relatives from Minnesota and California. And today, I was there again at the same Waimea Beach & Giovanni Shrimp Truck.
This time, I went with my sister and her fiance: WIlliam (they came back to visit from Washington) and Vina & Tony.
In the morning, Vina got dropped off at my house and soon afterwards, we walked to the Salt Lake shopping center and waited there for William and Tony to arrive. I went to McDonald's with Vina and got a mango pineapple smoothie :]
When the guys showed up, we went off to North Shore's Waimea Beach. We got there around 11am and stayed til 1pm. It wasn't too long, but long enough I guess. I didn't wear my full swimsuit set, only the bottom & I didn't bring an extra change of clothes either so I couldn't go too deep. I was kind of bummed that I didn't wear my whole set. I wasn't planning to go in too deep at first, but after seeing those big waves, I wanted to. :[ Oh wells... there's always next time.
We dug a hole and buried William in the sand lol. I wanted to make him a turtle, but then he got up after taking pictures. Oh wells...next time again xD
After beach, we drove down to Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and we all got a plate of Scampi shrimp. When we were eating it was super silent. Guess we really were all super hungry. After eating, it was 3pm and we would've gotten shave ice too, but it was getting kind of late and William was going out to dinner at 6pm, so Julie, Vina, and I all got dropped off back at my place. We were all dozing off in the car.
Vina waited over at my house until my dad came home from work to drive her home.
I had fun today! And got to know William's brother: Tony a little better, even though I won't be seeing him much around either since he's going away to the mainland in about a year or so.
Vina so cute with her hash brown xD
I took this picture from the car, that was moving - turned out better than I thought it would.
nice sunny day :)
William&Julie
Giovanni's Shrimp Truck Menu
 Scampi!
 Tony&William
William doesn't like to peel shrimp shells - I'm surprised this picture shows that (facial expression of "I don't like to peel shrimp shells") lol
Julie is all done :3 
My last shrimp ;D

There's more pictures from the beach, but they're on William's camera. I'll try post those later.

No comments: