Sunday, September 4, 2011

ビーチ

Yay, finally went to the beach today!
Sadly, half of the people that were supposed to go couldn't go :( or didn't want to go -_-"
After days of planning, only Marc, me, JessM, Kevin, & Christian made it to the beach. (Reynold could only stay long enough to drop off Kevin & Christian, unfortunately).
Marc came to pick me up first @ 10:20am, then JessM, then JessO, except.... Jess O wasn't at her house. She was still at her dorm.
Then we all met up at Tyler's house even though he couldn't go either because of his tennis matches. We got to Waikiki around 11:30am; parked the car, got drinks/snacks at ABC Store, and then crossed the street to Waikiki Beach. Kevin & Christian found us a little while after we had set up our spot. It was super sunny and hot! At first no one went in the water except Marc because his purpose there today was to go body surfing. I didn't even know there was such a thing as body surfing (i only heard of body boarding before and it's really fun xD).
So, after a while of sitting under the hot sun on top our towels/mats, I went in the water for a while with Jess; and  Kevin went in too. I was kind of sad that there were only 5 of us at the beach. I really wished the others could have made it or chose to come. Well, half the time we just sat there until Kevin & Christian decided to walk to ABC Store to get something.
All of a sudden, something caught my (& Jess's) attention. There was a rental booth behind us that rents out umbrellas, beach chairs, etc. So I sat down to watch everything while Jess went to go check out the prices for umbrella rentals. Sadly, she came back telling me they had rented out all their umbrellas and didn't have any left. 1 minute later, one of the guys from the rental booth saw that there was an umbrella in the sand and the people using it had already left, so he pulled it out of the sand and brought it over to where I was sitting. So then Jess went to go pay for the rental with my wallet.
When the guy walked over, I saw him holding the umbrella & a shovel. So I pointed to the spot where I wanted him to plant the umbrella in. He thought I didn't speak English until I said something to him lol. It must've been the influence of Jess too because she was dressed as a Japanese tourist today. Jess also told me that she spoke in Japanese when she was asking about the umbrella rentals xD
That was funny. Then the guy asked if we came here for vacation or are we from here and I said oh, yeah we're from here. After he dug a whole he put the umbrella in. Omg, it was so much better with shade!! It felt so good knowing that we didn't have to bake under the sun anymore. It was $5/hr so Jess paid for 2 hrs from 1:15pm. The price wasn't too bad. After today, I really dislike being exposed to the sun. It drains my energy and makes me paranoid of getting heat exhaustion or dehydration.
When Kevin & Christian came back, we all got to sit& lay down under the umbrella :]
love shade love umbrellas
We stayed there until 3:20pm before we left and ate at Mcds. I tried their strawberry lemonade smoothie for the first time; it was alright. Then we walked to the Okinawan festival to meet up with Kristine. We also met up with Tracy when we got there and saw a bunch of people from the Japanese Club helping out.
We also wanted to buy food from the stands, but it was so overpriced, so I didn't. So then we found a spot to sit down at while we waited for the bon dance to start. Jess, Tracy & I danced to 2 songs and we were so lost most of the time lol. During the break, we left to go walk back to Marc's car. Tracy had to bus home because the car was already over-seated.
Marc took us home with him so that we could see his 2 story house in Waipahu. It was really nice! I really liked the furniture in the main living room. His room was small but super clean and organized; his whole house was. After he grabbed a pair of jeans (purpose of going home), I got dropped off at home around 8:15pm. They then went to pick up Tyler to eat sushi; I actually really wanted to go, but 1)there wouldn't be room in the car (that would be really pushing it) & 2) I wanted to be a good girl and go home early so I wouldn't be having phone calls at 10pm from mom lecturing me to go home & not stay out late at night. Sigh~
I was hungry when I got home too. I tried to satisfy my stomach with apples and beef jerky... lol now that I think about it...
Ugghh, correction: they ate at Bravo's instead of having sushi lol.
Very beautiful day (&sunny)
1st try: Kevin never looked & Christian never smiled xD
2nd try: Christian still never smiled after Marc told him to xD
Btw, like our umbrella? loll
Sleepyheads x]
Sorry, my only picture from the Okinawan Festival. 

No comments: