Long time no blog guys!
I wanted to wait for a few more things to come in, but that's okay, I'll save those for another blog. According to my shopping list, I have bought some stuff that I need & want...or just want xD
I've been wanting a wall mirror for a very long long time, but never actually bought one. My parents bought me this one for $18. Pretty expensive compared to the $6 they had on sale at Walmart, but of course this one had better quality. It also came with hooks.
I also bought shorts on Saturday from the Jeans Warehouse at Moanalua Shopping Center. They had a good sale. You can see me wearing them in the picture above this one.

I got these cute leggings with white lace at the bottom from ebay as well. Pretty good deal.

I got these cute leggings with white lace at the bottom from ebay as well. Pretty good deal.
This is what I anticipated the most! My $23 hello kitty laptop case (of course it's not genuine sanrio being from china). Anyways, I absolutely adore this bag from the moment I bought it! It comes with outside pockets secured by velcro, and inside pockets as well. The inside is nicely padded to protect laptop and there's a little velcro strap inside to hold the laptop in place too. The carring handle is smooth for a comfortable grip while the shoulder strap has a padding so that the shoulder won't get burned from carrying it for a long period of time. What made me really sad, was not the bag, but the fact that my laptop was an inch longer than it should've been for it to fit nicely. Yes, I blame my own laptop; not the bag's fault xD
Sigh, if only my laptop were shorter... now one corner of my laptop just sticks out funny and looks stupid.
But! the good news is, i'm going to buy myself a netbook.
Speaking more about the netbook, my current laptop is 5.5lbs, and I didn't even notice it was that heavy until I looked it up under the specs. I've been carrying my laptop to school at least 1-2 days every week and it's really inconvenient. Plus, it's big! 15.6 inch screen is big (for me anyways) & not the ideal size for college. I've had my laptop for over 3 years now, so due to me not taking extra good care of it, I think my battery is very drained. It can only last me about ~2hrs or less, when it specified a battery life of 5.5hours (I found that under specs again). It's not bad to the point where I have to replace it, but I'd like to just leave it at home and have another smaller laptop that I can conveniently carry around for college use.
So, after looking around for which netbook best fits my needs, I found the ASUS EEE PC 1215B-PU17.
My current laptop is ASUS brand as well, but that's not the reason why I chose this brand again. I chose this one because it's one of the only netbooks with a 12.1" screen, whereas most are only 10" or 11". Although I like small, I figure since I'm so used to 15.6", a 10" or 11" might drive me crazy.
Other important features/reasons:
It has a memory of 2 GB (most have only 1GB). I don't need a lot anyways. My current laptop has 4GB, but in these 3 years+, I've only used about 1GB lol. What a waste of the rest...
Slow laptops drive me crazy too, but I think I'll be satisfied with 1.6GHz AMD Dual-Core Processor E-350.
Long battery power of up to 8 hours (just what I need).
Only 3.21lbs (lightweight; compared to my current one at least)
Smaller reasons that made me want this model:
It has a HDMI port, which was just something I wanted for convenience.
Built-in speakers & webcam.
lol, i didn't think i was gonna write so much. I wasn't going to talk about a netbook that hasn't even been bought yet xD
but yea, you guys have any suggestions for a budget netbook that meets the important features? (my budget is $400 cuz I'm a poor college student.) I don't trust used laptops. Better to be safe and buy a new one!
*yes, i know i'm picky :]
2 comments:
AMD is ur reason y ur laptop is slow :)
Really? what makes it faster then? Intel atom?
Post a Comment