Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mission Accomplished: Driver's License

2/22/12
Woke up 6am; morning showers feel good. Especially since I kept tossing and turning around so much last night that I woke up a bit sweaty...? Every time I closed my eyes last night I thought about the road test that I would have in the morning.
I also met a new friend today because she was also taking her road test, but for the second time. She doesn't have an English name and has only moved to Hawaii for a year or less from China; a freshman at KCC. So we both passed and got our driving licenses together. I hope I see her again in the future!
I was second after my new chinese friend, and I was pretty nervous when I first got in the car, but then wasn't so nervous after I started driving. The lady that graded me got pretty mad at me for running through potholes; and I guess I was too nervous to even realize that I was.
My number one advice to road test takers: don't giggle when you're criticized, even though you didn't mean to make it sound like you thought it was funny, because she sure took my giggle seriously when I tried to lighten up the mood.
"I don't think it was funny" she said to me in a stern voice that sent chills up my spine.
That just ruined my whole road test experience. Thank goodness I don't have to go through it again because I passed!! (but just barely xD)
I think I got marked down for abrupt braking and poor judgement at intersections, in which I don't remember well on exactly how I messed up, but what matters is I passed on my first try at Dillingham!

So I hope no one here feels offended that I didn't share the news that my road test was today. I didn't really tell much people besides my parents and a couple others because I didn't want so much pressure.

Having an official Driver's License in my wallet makes me feel good :)

No comments: