Woke up in the morn to get ready for partying at my Grandma's house. We had dim sum in the morning and BBQ at night. It was pretty boring during the day because there wasn't much to do. I even took a 2 hour nap with a couple of my cousins. When I woke up, they were getting ready to BBQ. I ate more than I thought I would; probably because the food was good. I forgot about pictures until the time came to opening presents/distributing presents. For the first time, I was passing out the presents instead of my older cousins. We're growing up so fast!
The youngest children got the most presents because they're still 12 and under. After all the kids unwrapped their presents and moved their stuff out of the way, we played our Secret Santa game (it's becoming a tradition). It's originally called White Elephant, but most people don't know that's the official name of the game. This is the second year we played it and as the host of the game, I know it was yet another successful year of "White Elephant." We actually had more gifts this year than last year because more people joined in, therefore more presents were available to go around the game. There were a total of 29 wrapped presents. I think only a couple items were stolen the maximum 3 times this year, which is almost the same as last year, but there was definitely more "stealing" of presents this year vs. last year, which is a good thing!
I also got some important feedback from people so that next years Secret Santa/White Elepahnt game will be even better. To remember what that feedback is for next year, I should just write it here:
- Gift Receipts can be a good and a bad thing to leave because then people can exchange for something else, but it defeats the purpose of the game and they wont remember what they got from the game if they do exchange it for something else.
- Neutral-Gender Gifts encouraged over gender-specific gifts
- Gift Price Minimum will be raised from $20 to $30 for better gifts = more stealing
- New Rule Remains: no food, no clothes, no gift cards
I think that was it. My parents said it was fun and I hope everyone else thought the same as well.
Red Packets for xmas!
Secret Santa game time!
Had a lot of laughs tonight~
1 comment:
Lol my family does this game every Christmas too XD
Post a Comment