Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last days of 2011

12/30/12
Dim sum for lunch! Then caught the bus back to Salt Lake to meet up with Jess M Jess O and Kelly. I guess it was like a mini girls day since it was just us 4. We all met up at Moanalua Ranch for some Bee's (I would say bubble tea, but I didn't get bubble tea this time.) I got some Hot Milk Tea since I was still in progress of healing my throat. We opened late Christmas presents, chatted, and watched a couple horror movie trailers. It was a great day for random story talking. Hope we'll have more days like these together next year!
And then in the evening I wasn't feeling so good and I crashed when I got home. My mom even had to cancel work for me.

12/31/11
It's the last day of 2011! Woke up feeling good as new compared to the awful night before. I watched the first Alvin and the Chipmunks movie to go with lunch. I also watched some inspirational YouTube videos. And then I thought about a J-drama that I watched a few years ago. I'll never forget this drama. Some of you may think it's kind of weird that I'm talking about this J-drama on this last blog post of the year, but I wanted to share it with you guys.
If you've never heard of or watched this before, it's a very sad, but inspirational J-drama called One Litre of Tears. It's based on a true story, that took place in Japan, of a 15 year old girl who just started her freshman year in high school (though in America she would be considered a Sophomore). In the same setting, she found out that she had a very cruel and incurable disease called spinocerebellar degeneration. This disease is cruel in the way that it doesn't affect the mind, memory, or thinking; but it does affect every body movement & function. Slowly, she couldn't walk, write, speak, and even swallow. She asked herself, "Why did this illness choose me? I'm only 15." She eventually passed away at the early age of 25, but she did her best.
After her death, her diary was published and had sold over 1.1 million copies in Japan alone. It was then made into a movie and drama. One day, I want to obtain a copy of her diary too, but with someone to translate it for me x]

This morning when I was flipping through my music player, I came across songs from the OST of One Litre of Tears. It made me really sad listening to it, but it also made me feel very happy to have the life that I'm living right now, which led me to writing about this amazing and inspirational story.
It encourages me to live on as she did.

For my New Years Resolution 2012, I hope to
Live Healthy, Live Happy
Smile More, Cry Less.

I know that in this year of 2011, I had cried more than any other year (not including my baby years), but I also feel that I had smiled in this year more than any other year. And I owe those smiles to all my loved ones. Have a Happy New Years everyone.

No comments: