I originally thought the grad party was at night, but when I checked the invite again the day before, It was actually at 11:15am! I was kind of panic-ing because I didn't have a ride there, but then I asked Megan if she could pick me up on the way and she said sure. That really saved me...
And then before I was about to leave the house, I remembered that I had forgot to write in Anna's grad card!!
So after we got to the Ala Moana Hotel 'Hibiscus Ballroom', I sat down on the side and starting writing. I really wish I had done it earlier. But it was nice that Jordyn and Lindsey waited for me before we checked in. Then Natasha showed up too so we we went in together. My first impression when I walked into the ballroom was that it looked like Junior Prom. The size and how the tables were set up were pretty much the same except the theme was different. We sat on table 3, which was pretty close to the front compared to the other 40 tables!! On the way to my table, I saw Anna in her senior prom dress lol and gave her a hug :]
They started out with the welcoming speech and then Anna made her debut with Matt, followed by 6 other couples onto the dance floor. They danced the Waltz. It was so graceful and cute.
The table I sat on was mainly Mock Trial people and then there was Tyler Wong xD (but he left soon after eating). When we were excused to line up for the buffet, I stood next to Lindsey and talked about college stuff. The food was good, but not much variety. I was so hungry, that I forgot to take a picture of my food. lol..
After eating, there was a bit of entertainment from Anna's 2 cousins who sang 2 songs. First one was "Imagine Me Without You" by Jaci Velasquez. Second one was "Price Tag" by Jessie J ft. B.o.B. I really liked how they sang the 2nd song. It sounded really good when they sang it in harmony. Then Anna and her younger sister Keziah jumped onstage and rapped the B.o.B. part. It was really awesome :D
The "court" made their second appearance and danced to the remix of "Tale as Old as Time" from Beauty and the Beast. And again, it was super cute.
Then came some speeches for Anna from her sisters, a close cousin, and Nina. Pretty much all of them cried or teared up making their speeches. When Nina made her speech, I actually cried too. It was really touching. Anna is a really close friend to me - even though we don't hang out as much as we used to. She really is an amazing person and wish her the best. Like Nina said, I also want to thank god for having let me met Anna.
The slideshow was pretty much the last thing before the party ended. Within the slideshow, there was a video clip of Anna's valedictorian speech again. Really great speech :]
When the party ended, we had to line up to take pictures with Anna o_o Yeah, we formed a line just to take pictures with her. Anyways, I was kind of bored throughout the whole party because I didn't have much people to talk to. Before leaving, I was able to talk to Walter, whom I haven't seen the whole summer! Well, we didn't see each other much throughout senior year either, but it was really nice talking to him again. I was starting to forget how funny he was. Hope we'll see each other more often at UHM.
Didn't take much pictures either - wasn't in the mood.
But Natasha video-recorded Nina's speech. I don't know what else she recorded though. Maybe she'll post it up later on FB.
ballroom entrance
This was Anna's 2nd dress (I think she changed after the buffet)
I actually wrote this on Monday, but I was waiting for some more pictures to be posted but it never happened yet :[ So these are only the ones i took.
No comments:
Post a Comment