Yay, so we finally decided on a day to hike! Woke up at 7:20am to meet up at Mcds with everyone. I walked to Kelly's, then met up with Darian on the way, then JessM. We all chipped in to buy insect repellent at Longs while some got bottled water for the hike. Breakfast at McDs: 2 hash browns (ate a poptart at home). Then all the girls went with Mikey's car, while the boys went with Reynold's car.While driving to the trail, we ended up driving behind Henry's car, so we followed him xD
When we got there, we parked in the first parking lot we saw, but later did we know that we had to walk uphill to get to the trail. We found out we could've kept driving uphill instead of walking because there was a parking lot next to where the trail started.
When we first started on the trail, it was easy with a nice clear path and a good walking space, but as we walked further in, the path got super muddy, slippery and narrow. There were log barriers we had to climb over, huge mud puddles we had to walk over, and of course, the inevitable had to happen. Some people slipped and fell, including me. I held onto a tree branch that supported my weight but carelessly slipped and fell backwards to my left. Got super dirty with mud that went up my leg all the way to my back. That was not pleasant at all, but at least i didn't fall forward.
Another thing i was not happy about was how our group was pretty much split in two because the guys decided to leave the girls behind >:[ But I'd like to say thanks to Tyler, Mikey and Reynold, who stuck with us to help us when we needed the help. They are REAL gentleman. 3/4s through the hike, I actually caught up with the boys and was able to keep up with their pace. They move fast~ But it was so boring walking with them. They hardly said anything and don't wait for anyone. It got so boring walking with them that I decided to wait for the rest and walk with them instead. The boys didn't even notice that I stopped following them. I guess if I slipped and fell off somewhere they wouldn't have known either if i didn't make any sound. That just pisses me off.
Anyways, it took us about 3 hours to finish our 4 1/2 mile hike. Then we cleaned off with water from the bathroom and paper towels we brought along with us. And good thing i brought an extra set of clothes to change into :]
| Made it to the trail after walking uphill~ |
| The trail is so spacious when we first started |
| First stop for pictures |
And it starts to narrow~
But really pretty!
| First water break |
| Another stop for pictures^^ |
| I really liked how the branches lean over. Feels like walking through a tunnel You can see my walking stick too! It really helps :) |
| And we're back to where we started going uphill! |
| So happy that we finished^^ |
After hiking, Mikey went home to shower, then we got Spicy Italian Sandwiches from Subway! Yum~
We went to ranch for bubble tea and to meet up with Candace and Megan. It was their first day back at the high school. And it was nice to see them again too. After eating, we went to Tyler's house to chill. I left at 7pm to go home and eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment