MEHHH! I haven't blogged in so long. Got a lot of catching up to do here.
08/20/11
Watched Harry Potter Pt.2 at Pearlridge Theatre with Kelly, JessM, JessO, Candace, Megan, Kevin, Reynold, Christian, & Marc. The world phenomenon is officially over. Then we all got food at Denny's. Being sick, Kelly and I both got chicken noodle soup, salad, and a side of hash brown. I didn't have a very good appetite though. Then we walked around the shopping center for a while before we decided to leave. To make it a more memorable day, we actually all took the sky cab together from uptown to downtown. I haven't took the sky cab in a long time :) It was a good night, despite being sick. It was actually kinda funny because JessO, Kelly, and I were sick. So we were coughing all over in Marc's car lol. Sorry Marc~
08/21/11
I spent the day kind of preparing for the next day: first day of college.
At night, I had a family dinner with my family and relatives to celebrate my dad's birthday early because we wanted to have another 'dinner' before my cousin goes back to Portland, OR for college. We ate at Royal Palace in the Stadium Mall (we haven't eaten there in a long time but we tried it out because they had some sort of new promo. And guess what! I actually saw Reynold and Cynthia there. I can't believe I didn't notice them when I walked in. I noticed them like 10 mins after I sat down. They were eating with their family too. They finished and left right before I started eating though. It was nice seeing them!
The birthday cake was very yummy too! Coffee flavor~ my dad's favorite drink = coffee. Or at least I think he likes coffee over beer.. x]
08/22/11
First Day of College
Alright, finally onto the college part x] I was not used to waking up at 6:30am at all even though I've been going to sleep earlier than usual the past few nights (due to my cold). I left the house with my dad around 7:05am. Kevin walked over and we gave him a ride too. It was a pretty long car ride: ~40mins to UHM.
I then went to the bookstore w/ Kevin, bought the book I needed for Oceanography. Then I went to get my ID validated in the Campus Center ballroom. The door opened right about when I arrived. I was also lucky that I pushed pass a lot of people to get in the door (& they probably arrived before me too). Even though I got in before many others, I still had to wait 30mins for my turn. It was ~8am when I stood in line and I was super worried about whether I would make it in time if I stayed in line because Chinese101 starts 8:30am! But lucky me again, I made it in time after power walking & running from Campus Center to Moore Hall.
I knew Chinese was gonna be fun because there's only 20 people in the class, so we'd all be able to communicate and laugh more than you would in a lecture hall.
Then came Microeconomics130. The class was super far away from my Chinese101 class, I didn't know anyone in my class, the lights were dim, and my teacher had a Spanish accent (which was okay, but I didn't like it very much).
Oceanography201 was alright too. Aside from not knowing anyone in the class, the teacher was cool, the room was bright, and seats were comfy.
Biology101 was in the same room so I didn't have to move classrooms, but I did need to use the bathroom. I knew a lot of people from this class. Turns out I had this class w/Tracy, Kelly, Matt, Kevin, Henry, & Tyler! The teacher was pretty boring though.
After class, most of us went over to the campus center game room to chill. I sat talking to people and watched some of the guys play pool. We were also there because we were waiting to eat lunch with Kelly & JessM, who were coming down from KCC.
I also found out that JessM took her math placement exam and got into Math 25! I'm so proud of her :) Now she won't be stuck in PCM23 :)
After eating lunch together, Kelly, JessM, Kevin, Tyler and I all went to Reynold's dorm to have a party. (Well, it wasn't really a party, but that's what Stephen first said when he walked into the room not expecting us all in there lol.) Dad came to pick me up around 4:10pm and we dropped Kelly off at her grandma's home.
08/23/11
Second Day of College
I felt so sick today that I didn't even feel like going to class. I went to Chinese101 at 8:30am again and on the way to class, I bumped into Reynold. I bumped into him again after class too. Then we both didn't have classes in the meanwhile so we went into the library, but then I wanted to print something and didn't know how. I ended up walking back to Reynold's dorm to print since we had the time. I dropped my MWF Microeconomics130 class to take the one on TR instead because I didn't want all 4 classes back to back on MWF. I wanted to give myself a break by spacing it out a bit, even though it meant I'd have only one class on Thurs.
Anyways, it turned out that Tracy didn't have class from 10am-1:30pm as well, so we hung out together after Reynold went to class. Then I ate lunch with Reynold, Drew, and Henry (they got out of class at 11:20am). When Kevin and Tyler got out of class, we all sat in Paradise Palms Cafe and chatted before Microeconomics130 started (this is the class I switched into instead of taking the MWF one).
I then caught the bus to the my doctor's after class ended. I almost missed my stop too. Then dad came to pick me up from the doctor's and went with me to pick up my meds. I was happy we had a webcam party at night too. It was nice to see Kelly!
08/24/11
Third Day of College
Okay, I have to say, I feel so much better than yesterday when I woke up. The coughing, sore throat, and runny nose had definitely cut down a lot. And I got my appetite back too! I love you doctor who prescribed me my meds! Today was a pretty good day compared to how I was the past 2 days. I'm still getting used to college though. I noticed I don't like lecture halls too much so far because there's just too much people. And because of this, there isn't time given to get-to-know people in the class, so it gets pretty lonely when you don't have anyone you know in the class. I also don't like walking around campus not seeing familiar faces, but I'm really happy when I do. I bumped into Brandon Li, Anthony Yeung, and my cousin Anthony today, all in one morning! College is definitely a lot different from high school ~ I miss it!
I caught the bus home after class with Henry, Kevin, and Devin. Henry & Kevin got off at the same bus stop, while I got off one bus stop after them because I saw the 3 bus stopped right in front of the one I was on! So i quickly got off and hopped on to the 3 bus. Timing couldn't be anymore perfect! Another lucky day? Not for Kevin though xD If he only stayed on the bus with me for one more stop, he could've caught the 3 bus with me. Instead, he had to wait 15mins for another one to come >.<"
Now, I'm going to get back to doing Chinese homework :[ I don't like pinyin and tones. They're very hard!
Sorry, no pictures :(
1 comment:
Haha, I somewhat really enjoyed reading your days about college :p feels lik I'm there too!
Post a Comment