Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last Week of Summer!

08/16/11
College is almost starting! How I will miss these carefree summer days of sleeping in, doing nothing, and hanging with friends. But! I'm also very excited to start college and my schedule is pretty much perfect to me!

Monday
Chinese                        8:30-9:20a                  MOORE 152     w/idk
Microeconomics           9:30-10:20a                ARCH 205         w/idk
Survey Astronomy       10:30-11:20a               WAT 112           w/Mikey
Biology & Society       11:30-12:20p               SPAL 155          w/Tracy, Tyler, Kevin, & Henry

Tuesday
Chinese                         8:30-9:20a                    MOORE 152
Biology & Society Lab  10:45-1:15p                   DEAN 104         w/idk

Wednesday
Chinese                        8:30-9:20a                  MOORE 152  
Microeconomics           9:30-10:20a                ARCH 205      
Survey Astronomy       10:30-11:20a               WAT 112        
Biology & Society       11:30-12:20p               SPAL 155      

Thursday
No Class!

Friday
Chinese                        8:30-9:20a                  MOORE 152  
Microeconomics           9:30-10:20a                ARCH 205      
Survey Astronomy       10:30-11:20a               WAT 112        
Biology & Society       11:30-12:20p               SPAL 155      

In the days ahead, I plan to get an on-campus job & fit a working schedule after my classes (and leave time for lunch of course).
Today, I picked up my new eye glasses. I love them! Free of charge :)

See my strawberry nails? Thank you for doing my nails JessM. When I was buying books today at the UHM bookstore, the sales clerk girl said my nails were cute too! Strawberry nails for the win!!
I bought all my Chinese text & workbooks. Those weren't too bad compared to my $201 Econ130 book!! That was very heart throbbing....
Well, my total of 4 books came out to be $292 (yay for no tax at least).
Now gotta get that Astronomy book i found on craigslist for $50 (real bargain). Except one problem, this girl lives in Hilo :[
After buying books, I sat in the Campus Center staring at the super long line I'd have to go in to validate my ID. After a while, a lady came over to sit next to me. Her daughter was there for Warrior Week and they're from Malaysia. The mom was telling me how she's leaving her daughter in a week and said that her daughter doesn't know anyone here really. So before leaving, I asked for her what her daughter's name was and I don't know how to spell it, but it's pronounced as the dessert "Souffle" minus the "fl" sound lol. I decided not to wait - I'll come back another day/time to get my ID validated.
Then I met up with my mom back in Chinatown to have lunch with her. We both got some Bún bò Huế. 
(Bet most of you don't know how to pronounce it correctly xD) The girl with the Vietnamese last name would know :D It was so spicy, but it was super good. 
Then we caught the bus home together. I've had enough bus catching today. I rode 5 different bus's today.
Bus 32 -> Bus 1 to Kuakini Medical Center
Bus 18 to UHM
Bus A to Chinatown
Bus 3 to Salt Lake

No comments: