Friday, January 20, 2012

Chinese New Years with Friends!

1/20/12
I'm really happy that I'm keeping up with my blogging and that I have things to blog about.
So, I planned an outing about 2-3 days ago for today, and I was kind of getting disappointed because I didn't think it was gonna work out, but to my surprise, it worked out much better than I expected.
Since it's Friday today, I wanted to hang out with everyone and take the chance to go down to Chinatown for the Chinese New Year event at the Cultural Plaza.
It came down to 8 people that went; (including myself) and Kelly, Kevin, Reynold, Tyler, John, Darian, and Henry!
After most of us finished class today, we all met up at the Campus Center game room because Kevin and Tyler wanted to play pool while they were waiting for Henry to end his last class. While some of the guys played pool, the rest of us just sat around and chatted. When Henry finished class, we waited for John to meet up with us. Then we all caught the A bus down to the Cultural Plaza; on the way there, John said he saw Jessica M sitting at a bus stop. When we called to confirm it was her, she was indeed at the bus stop waiting to catch the bus back to her old house in Salt Lake; too bad she couldn't join us :[
When we got to the Cultural Plaza, the first thing we did was go eat dim sum at Fook Lam Restaurant. When we walked in, it was super empty because they were going to close in an hour D; but luckily, they still welcomed us in to sit down and took our order. The bad thing about going in late was that they didn't have and were not going to make certain dim sum anymore; but the good thing was that everything we ordered was made steaming-fresh. At first, I really thought we ordered too much food and that we were not going to finish everything, but to my surprise again, we finished everything we ordered. All of you guys never fail to amaze me. Another surprise to me was that it was Tyler and Reynold's first time eating dim sum. Hope you guys enjoyed the food!

After eating, we went into the cultural plaza to look around at food stalls and other gift vendors. It was fun walking around and Kelly and I even got everyone to light incense and pray for something good this year. We left around 5pm; Some of us had to go our separate ways to bus home/back to campus.

Chicken feet! yum yum~


[peace]
 Playing with pop-rocks!
 I bought a couple Chinese "good-luck" message ornaments
 My old one on the left (bought from 2 years ago). New one on the right :]
 hehe.. my head band collection (sorta) :3
These 2 are the newest additions to my collection. 
Not only very cute and comfortable, but they were cheap too. 
(left: $3.50 right: $2.50)
Kelly got two as well; similar to mines, but different patterns&colors.

Thanks everyone, you guys really made my day. 
Hope we can all go again next year with the others who couldn't make it!

No comments: