Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Adventures with the Li Family

1/16/12
Woke up pretty early to catch the bus with Kelly to Tracy's house to help Ttracy dye her hair brown. We had a kimchi bowls together for breakfast and drank soy milk before dying her hair though. I even decided to dye a portion (a streak) of my hair just for fun. It's not noticeable, which is good since I never got permission to dye my hair anyways; but I wish the color were a bit lighter so that it can be seen.
After dying Tracy's hair, Tim came to pick Tracy up and was able to drop Kelly and I off at Kevin's house on the way. When we got up to Kevin's house, we chatted for a while until he and his family needed to go out. I had no idea where they were really going, but I went anyways.
Thus, the blog is titled Adventures with the Li Family x]
We went to China Town and Kevin's mom told us to go and eat lunch. All through lunch, Kevin gave Kelly and I the awkward silence treatment and wouldn't tell us why until after we finished lunch.
So after we ate lunch, we walked around, as Kevin's mom needed to get groceries. I walked into a few dress stores to look for bridesmaid dress ideas for my sister's wedding. I found some nice ones that were, I guess, more reasonable priced than the ones found online. And the good thing is that it's in-stores on the island, so we can try it on. Too bad pictures weren't allowed.
Then it was time to leave China Town and go to a friends house of the Li family for Kevin to get his haircut. It was kind of awkward going to someones house and not knowing the people there at all. Kelly just told me to listen to their conversations; they were pretty funny. I was even offered this ginger tasting rock candy; that was pretty good too.
Then we left and went back to Salt Lake. Again, I did not know if I was being dropped off at home, or going back to the Li household, I really didn't know.
My question was answered when I was going driving with Kevin and Kelly. They were gonna practice parallel parking near Salt Lake Elem. Even though I've never tried or learned parallel parking yet, I think I learned a bit of stuff today just by watching Kelly and Kevin practice it.
Afterwards, I just went back to Kevin's house to hang-out and to wait for Kelly to come back from her driving lessons. When Kelly came back, it was around 5pm already, so we left at 5:30pm.

Well, today was more exciting than staying home of course. Hope to have more adventures!
& Thanks for letting me take hung-mao home with me!



No comments: