Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Start of Spring Semester

1/09/12
1st day back to college was pretty exciting since we were starting new classes.
Took the bus with Kelly in the morning. I got to school with half an hour to spare before my first class of the day: Macroeconomics with Kevin Tyler, Henry, & Reynold. I like the lecture hall; very clean, nice and new-looking. I thought the professor was okay though because he had a heavy Chinese accent that made it hard to understand some of his English. Hope I can get used to it >_<
Since class ended early, Reynold and I timed ourselves on how fast we can walk from the Business Admin buildings to Moore Hall for our language classes. It took about 7-8 mins; pretty good. At least we wont be late.
Then came Chinese 102. I have a lot of ''complaints.'' I did not like the professor much. She speaks really loud (which is a typical Chinese habit). If it was a lecture hall, the volume of her voice would be right, but we are in a small classroom with only 16 students. Another thing I don't like about her is the way she teaches; we don't look at or use much from the textbook. Instead, we focused on her powerpoint slides more. She's also pretty dramatic (especially with word pronunciations) and takes a long time to think of examples, when I think she should have done better preparation. She's definitely more strict compared to my last Chinese professor. I can tell that she's not trying to be mean, but she just has very high expectations of us. I know we have to adjust to her ways of teaching, but I hope she can try to adjust to our way of learning.
Then came lunch break! I ate lunch with Reynold and Kevin at the cafeteria down by the dorms. Expensive lunch, but the ice-cream made it worth it :] Plus, I never ate in there before, so it was nice to see what it was like. Hawaiian Studies was our next and last class of the day; with Kevin & Reynold. Our professor for this class is really funny and one of the best things is that he doesn't have an accent; his voice is very clear and understandable.
After class, I walked to the bus stop with Kevin and decided to wait for my dad to come pick us up because I was lazy to catch bus & walk home.

1/10/12
I was one minute late for my Religion 150 class. Sorry Reynold; made you wait. When we went in the lecture hall, I was surprised at how big it was. Good thing there was a lot of empty seats. About 5 more minutes into the class, Darian walked in from the opposite side of us, so he just found a seat somewhere. Reynold and I had an hour break before our language classes, so we went to Paradise Palms and bumped into Mikey & George. I went home for lunch after Chinese 102. Then I had another driving lesson at 3:30pm and learned how to park for the first time. It was hard at first, but then I got used to it.
In the evening, I ate an early dinner, to go play tennis at UHM courts. I caught the bus with Kevin, but then as  Kevin said, the bus schedule lied to us because it came 15mins later than it was supposed to. Luckily, we only had to wait about 8mins before another A bus to UH Manoa showed up.
Here comes the sad part: when we got close to Ala Moana, we were notified that the courts were closed due to the rain=wet courts. I was really disappointed. So then we went to Reynold's dorm to hang out. Reynold, Darian and Kevin went down to the cafe to eat dinner, while Stephen and I ate dinner already and Henry wanted to go home to eat. While we waited for the guys to eat dinner, I watched Henry and Stephen play COD. They failed all their missions, but it was really funny to watch. So then they switched to playing Modern Warfare 3. A little after the guys had come back up from dinner, Henry drove Darian, Kevin, and me back to Salt Lake.
And that was the end of our little adventure.

No comments: