Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chinese New Years Eve

1/22/12
On Chinese New Years Eve, I had a dinner with my family and relatives; got lots of red packets filled with good luck money! I haven't even had time to open and count how much I have. Been kind of busy yesterday with homework and studying for quizzes.
We ate at Wong Kee located at the Chinese Cultural Plaza. The whole restaurant was filled with tables; so busy. Maybe the food didn't taste as good because of that. We don't normally eat there, but we didn't really have much choices, since Panda Cuisine closed down and moved to a new location. I really miss that place; we've had so many dinner parties there. We have at least 8 dinner parties there every year, and we went even more often back in the days before the economy went into a recession.
After dinner, I thought we were going to go home, but it turns out we went to this temple next to the cultural plaza. Though it was not the actual day of Chinese New Years, we went anyways since it would be super crowded around midnight and the following day. I got home around 10pm; just enough time to do my Hawaiian Studies reaction paper.

No comments: