1/20/12
Since the last post was pretty long/filled with a lot of pictures, I figured I should split this day into 2 parts. So the previous blog post was about the second part of my day. This blog post is about the first.
Yeah, I'm not sure why I posted the second part first. I think it's because that was more fun to talk about x]
Anyways, I woke up earlier than usual this morning to get ready for morning driving lessons. I drove out to Dillingham area again, via Nimitz. For the first time, I learned and practiced parallel parking. From watching Kelly and Kevin practice it several days ago, I thought it was going to be really hard to parallel park; but it turned out to be really easy to me. Of course, I have to thank my driving instructor for that. He gave me really great advice in what I needed to do and look for during parallel parking; thus making it easy for me. I think I practiced parallel parking maybe 6 times in all today, in different spots, behind different cars. He even made me park exactly between 2 cars. My first reaction was like "what?!? I can't do that!" But then it was just like parking in any other spot behind a single car, except I have to make sure I don't hit the car in back of mines.
Oh, fun fact: In Chinese, what we call parallel parking, literally translates to sandwich parking because the car is directly being sandwiched in between two other cars (front and back).
Hope you found that interesting. If not, it's ok...
When it was time to finish parallel parking practice, I drove to UH campus and got dropped off there instead of back at home. That makes it a lot easier on my driving instructor too :]
I know, this is bad, but we all decided to skip Macroeconomics. To be honest, I would rather read the book than listen to him lecture in his kind-of-hard-to-understand Chinese accent. Instead, we all hung out at Campus Center until our next class started.
Well, that was part 1 of my day.
(sorry, no pictures in this one).
Have an awesome weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment